STOP! Stop now and save yourself some time. This might seem so simple but I’m amazed at how many business owners are still filling out the archaic bank deposit booklets. The minute I see one of those booklets (you know the one, the top pages are curled up and sometimes cheque vouchers are stuffed into it) I tell my customer there is a better way.
- Fill out bank deposit book by hand
- Calculate deposit total with a calculator
- Enter Customer payments into QB using deposit book
- Enter Deposit into QB using deposit book
- Enter Customer payments into QB using customer cheques
- Enter Deposit into QB
- Print deposit slip from QB – it’s a beautiful thing!
If you hate going to the bank empty handed besides the cheques, then take that printed paper with you and attach the small deposit slip they print out for you and file away. Wasn’t that easy?